In 2005/06 One North East carried out the first region wide visitor survey for One North East England to establish baseline profiles of tourists to the region. The survey was repeated in 2008 and again in 2010 to establish any changes in consumer demographics or behaviours. This report gives the results of the 2010 survey and where appropriate demonstrates any marked changes on previous surveys. The survey methodology allows for reporting on a sub regional basis. This report covers the findings for Northumberland.
The key objectives of the survey were to:
- To inform development decisions for the region and individual sub regions
- Understand visitor satisfaction and identify areas for improvement
- Understand people's motivation for visiting
- Gather visitor profiles such as demographics, booking sources, use of the internet etc
- Gather economic expenditure data to feed into economic impact reports