A unique and authentic food and drink cultural experience can play a significant role in attracting visitors and making their stay all the more memorable. In 2014, there were 9.2m visitors who came to Northumberland and they spent £276 million on food and drink alone, making a reputation for fantastic local produce a vital tool for increasing visitor spend.
We have worked with Northumberland County Council's Public Health Protection Unit and Active Northumberland to help develop a verification scheme and brand that will highlight those businesses producing, using and selling our local food & drink.
The Produced in Northumberland verification scheme is unique, allowing producers, retailers, hospitality businesses and serviced accommodation providers the opportunity to promote themselves as a local food advocate. The strong branding, based on the already established 'Independent Spirit' brand, will differentiate Northumberland produce on shelves and menus across Northumberland and beyond.
The scheme is verified by the Public Health Protection Unit, and audits can take place alongside your annual inspections, reducing the disruption to your business and keeping costs to a minimum.
Benefits of joining the Produced in Northumberland verification scheme include:
- Certificate to display on-site
- Exclusive use of the Produced in Northumberland logo and branding
- Searchable website listing on the Produced in Northumberland website
- For those with a business listing on visitnorthumberland.com, an award on their listing and feature on the Produced in Northumberland web page on the website.
- Differentiation from your competition
- Fantastic PR opportunity
- Opportunity to increase revenue due to added value - 58% of visitors say they would spend more on food & drink if it is local.
For more information and to book your verification visit, contact Ken Henderson